Today's post is not a 'post'-post. Today I need to make a public service announcement. For the last two weeks, I have been getting a lot of questions about the ancient Roman religion and Roman society as a whole. Now, let me make clear I love your questions and I love answering them. And I answer all I can--it might take a while before I get to yours (note that Tumblr sometimes eats them so re-send after a month or so if I haven't answered them)--but I always try to answer them as soon as I can. I, however, know absolutely nothing about the Romans.

As a rule of thumb, I would say I am fairly knowledgeable about the Mediterranean from about 800 BC to about 100 AD. If it falls beyond that timeframe, chances are I know about as much about that as I know about marine biology, which is to say, I can probably tell you a fish (or a Roman) was a fish (or Roman), and where they lived and migrated to, but that's about it. I don't know how much the Romans took from the Hellenes in terms of society and religious practice, I don't even know for sure what the Roman names of many of the adopted Gods were. I just know that the Romans had wildly different religious views than the ancient Hellenes, but how different...? Do clue.

So please, continue to ask your questions about Hellenismos, the ancient Hellenes, Hellenic mythology or anything related to it... but if your question is related to the Romans... well... I am going to be a disappointment for you, okay? Sorry!