Oh the Odysseia. Along with the Iliad I must have read it at least  few dozen times. If I ever have to swear something on my equivalent of the bible, I'm swearing it on a copy of the Odysseia. That's how dear to my heart it is. It's not the easiest book to get through, though. The Iliad is a little harder because of all the family history but the Odysseia still has its fair share of gritty bits. So, why not prepare yourself for the read by watching this TED-ed primer? And perhaps you'll learn something new about ancient Hellenic poetry and culture in the process!


Hómēros' 'Odysseia' recounts the adventures of the Hellenic hero Odysseus during his journey home from the Trojan War. Would you like to learn more? Read about:

Xenia here, here and here;
Hubris here and here;
and the remains of Troy here.