Very, very rarely do I mind or care when Hollywood messes with our Gods. 'Supernatural' has its heroes chop off Zeus' head? Sure, whatever, nothing is sacred on that show. 'Atlantis' and 'Olympus' get it pretty much all wrong? Sure! Entertainment! I dont care about people portraying the gods in movies or the silver screen. I could care less about bad movies with our Gods. I had truly thought I had become impervious to things like that--mostly because these portrayals are so far from the Gods I love and worship that I don;t even link the two. And then there is Geordie Shore.


For those who do not know Geordie Shore, Geordie Shore is a British reality television series broadcast on MTV. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, it was first broadcast on 24 May 2011, and is the British spin-off of the American show Jersey Shore. 'Geordie' is the regional nickname and dialect given to the people of the Tyneside area of North East England, and is closely associated with the city of Newcastle and its environs where the show is set. However the show includes cast members from various parts of North East England.This all sounds pretty decent, but in short, Geordie Shore is a show about teenages drinking to sickness, partying until dawn, and having sex with everyone in sight--mostly while they are on vacation.

Now, I do not watch Geordie Shore or any of its many replicas on TV. I really don't need that in my life. If you love it, go for it! Millions of people enjoy this show with you. But what I can't stomach is the Geordie Shore 'cast members' dressing up as the ancinet Hellenic Gods for the promo shoot for the eleventh season, which is currently being filmed in Zakynthos, Mykonos, Malia on Crete and Athens.

I don't want to rant--and I wont, beyond what I have done already--but I am very, very, very against these young people dressing up as the Theoi. Their behavious is the exact opposite of the morals and values of the ancient Hellenes--let alone the Gods, and I find it very, very hard to swallow a photoshoot like this. To be clear: I don't judge them for their behaviour. They would probably not understand my life's choices either. I just don't want them associated with the Theoi!

Okay, well, needless to say I will not be tuning in for this train wreck. Now excuse me while I go for a run to shake off this frustration and make Ares and Athena proud.