My lovely girlfriend, who catches every flu in town, has finally managed to pass one on to me, so I am officially phoning in sick. I'm not going to leave you without a post, though! Since I'm reduced to spending my day surfing the web and watching bad movies, I've stumbled upon something very awe-inspiring.

Photographer Dustin Farrell spent the summer of 2017 chasing storms while toting a 4K camera rig that takes 1000 frames per second of raw, uncompressed footage. (For comparison: most movies are shot at 24 frames per second.) After driving 20,000 miles over a 30-day period, he had recorded 10 terabytes of data, which he then whittled down to 3:18 of spectacular video. Make sure to turn the volume up!

If anyone has to ask why I'm sharing it with you on Baring the Aegis, well, you might be in the wrong place. Bless Zeus!