Today, I am teaching my mother how to use a smartphone, so I'm afraid I'll need all the time I can get. I promise that tomorrow, you will all get to read a big post on something ancient Greek/Hellenic Recon. These last few days have been crazy. To distract you from my obvious lack of awesome posts, I will now attempt to show you shiny Hellenic jewelry made by Etsy shop Esma Designs' owner. Check out their full collection here and for only the Greek stuff, go here. I am unaffiliated with this shop and the person running it; I simple adore everything they sell there. The words of the creator have been added to the picture of the item. A huge thanks to Thorn for bringing this to my attention!



"This 2.25" hefty copper disc is hand-stamped in a spiraling whirlpool fashion with the Homeric Hymn to Poseidon, god of the sea, earthquakes, horses, and protector of sailors (minus Odysseus...read the Odyssey to find out why!). The disc has been given a verdigris finish to accentuate Poseidon's watery nature, but the finish lets some earthy tones peek out, further accentuating his earth-shaking nature. This pendant is hanging by a handmade blackened planished S-hook which is hanging on an 18" rubber cord with a sterling silver clasp. The piece comes with a handwritten translation, so no worries about not knowing Ancient Greek...unless you're me. Then I'd have to wonder where that degree came from. This piece is suitable for water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces), but I think earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn) should give it a try, too. Naturally, if you know a sailor or horse-lover, he or she might find this kinda awesome."

Homeric Hymn to Athena Gun Metal Finish Copper Cuff

"Don't mess with Athena. She's smarter than you. That's what I learned while getting a degree in Classical Studies. This 1.5" hand-stamped copper cuff has been given a sort of gun metal finish. I say "sort of" because it's seen some battle time. Athena is the goddess of war (the strategy side of it, unlike Ares), wisdom, crafts, and a slew of other things because, hey, she's well-liked. They even named a city after her...If you like strong goddesses, this is the cuff for you. It comes with a handwritten translation of Homer's hymn to her, so no worries. Athena, in my opinion, is a grounding and tactile figure, so I've always thought of her as a compliment to earth signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn), but since her worship was so vast, she's a great compliment to any sign."

Apollo/Artemis Copper and Sterling Silver Ring

"We all love twins, don't we? Well, maybe Niobe didn't. Sorry, my degree is showing again. This ring is handcut and hand-stamped, in the shape of half moons, or bows (Artemis is the moon goddess, and both are archers. See what I did there?). The copper side is stamped with Apollo, the silver side with Artemis, and both are conjoined sitting on a sterling silver ring band. Apollo was not the original sun god of Greece (that was Helios), but was later given control of the sun by the Romans. Artemis took over the moon once she increased in popularity (it was Selene before her). Apollo also lords over music, prophesy, and more, but notably...he's the healer who had a temple at Delphi. Artemis is also the goddess of the hunt, wild animals, childbirth, and virginity, amongst many other attributes. What I like to do with this ring is wear Apollo facing up during the day and flip it over to Artemis at night. It's my attempt to make a little black dress as a ring. This ring is perfect for Geminis (the twins of the zodiac), but really, it's pretty awesome for anyone."

Adjustable Sterling Silver Greek Stamping Open Band Ring

"These nifty rings are very versatile in that they have an open band, making them suitable for different sized digits. I leave them ever so slightly soft, so that they can be bent (if your going to bend them, GENTLY squeeze the edges. Please don't pinch down on the center of the ring or I will be sad). These are sterling silver, and darkened to give them an aged look. If you have a specific god, goddess, or figure from Ancient Greece you'd like stamped on the ring, please let me know, otherwise I'll pick someone for you (Artemis, Kassandra, Persephone, Selene, or Circe are the ones I've used thus far). I finish the edges off with a Greek key stamp."

Did I mention all of the items are hand crafted for you? In your size? And that there is more? Yes, that awesome, and they are also on Facebook!