The Nichols Museum in Sydney currently has an exposition of Lego brick wonder going on. The Nichols Museum (paraphrased from their website) is home to the largest collection of antiquities in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere. The museum was founded in 1860 by Sir Charles Nicholson, and is Australia's oldest University museum. As part of their current exhibitions, they are featuring a reproduction of the Acropolis in Legos, both as it was in the fifth century BC and as it is today as one of Greece's most popular tourist attractions. It was created by 'the Brickman' himself, Ryan McNaught, and will be on display until 2014.


I loved Legos as a kid, and still have a few cardboard boxes of the stuff on my attic for any future children I might have. I made some pretty amazing stuff with my Legos, but nothing as awesome as this, I assure you. Taking to the internet, I went on the hunt for more Hellenic-inspired Lego work and I sure found some amazing odds and ends! Enjoy the Lego wonder!


 
 
 
Acropolis at Nikaia Antipolis - by  Krazy Kastle Krak Guy
(seriously, click that link, the details!)
 
 
 
Bonus Lego creation: